Monday, February 20, 2006

In-Tune: Hidekazu Wakabayashi


Style: Electronica

"Born in Osaka, Japan in 1977. After struggling with learning classical piano and composing I stopped writing scores anyway and started improvisation with instruments as many as I could, sing a song without words. That's what you can hear right here. Yet the music may sound a bit too slow they are all dance music. Maybe ambient waltz. The dance of sprit. Spirits and impressions. And somehow I began to call them Yin-Bient Music. Gondal is an imaginary island found in Emily and Ann Bronte's Gondal poems. I was very inspired by Emily's literature and I decided to create soundtracks for that Gondal island." - Hidekazu Wakabayashi

Visit the website:
http://members.ld.infoseek.co.jp/wambanko/kusamahula/eng.htm

Highlights:
Hello Mommy
You or Universe