Friday, April 08, 2005

In-Tune: Synthetrix

"Los Angeles born Victory Stapf, (aka Synthetrix) grew up listening to a broad range of musics, but was drawn to electronic sounds after hearing classics like "Switched On Bach" by Wendy Carlos and Kraftwerk's "Autobahn". Victory studied guitar for two years as a boy, but really wanted to play the drums and spent all his middle and high school years in the school band's percussion section. "I never took piano lessons, but there were always organs or a piano in my parent's home and I would just noodle on them. After MIDI was announced I knew that music and computers would be married forever and bought my first synthesizer, the Casio CZ-101 and also my first computer which was the Commodore 64C with a mighty 64K of memory and a 5.25' floppy drive and I was off! The drums are really my thing and I now have a Yamaha digital drum pad kit, but I rarely use it in the recording of my own music" He released his first solo album in December of 2001 and followed up with Synthetrix 2 in 2003. Synthetrix 2 is on sale at www.synthetrix.com. He is currently working on his third album "Grafted" - Synthetrix

Visit his site:
www.synthetrix.com/

Also avaliable at:
music.download.com/synthetrix and Heart of the Harbor Records

Highlights:
Yar's flight
Stavis Groove